A major activity of the Dairyland Driving Club is to provide safe and enjoyable pleasure drives at various scenic locations. All drives begin at 10:00 AM. Drivers unhitch around noon and we eat together at 12:30 PM. Drives continue after lunch. Clean your parking spot before leaving. In case of inclement weather, check your email or the DDC website.
Drivers, family members, and guests must be DDC members. See Membership for details. You may register guests (non-drivers) at the drive and pay the $5 Guest Membership to the Drive Host. All horses must have a current Negative Coggins Test to participate in any club event. Out of state horses may require a health certificate; check with your vet. Send copies of your Coggins Tests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or present paper copies to the Host at the drive.
A DNR vehicle admission sticker is required on all motor vehicles stopping in State Park, Forest, Recreation Area and Trail parking areas. (Exception: All vehicle admission sticker fees and trail fees on state-operated designated state trails are waived for Free Fun Weekend, the first full weekend in June.)
Some Important Safety Rules:
- Make sure your harness and vehicle are in good working order.
- When hitching or unhitching your horse to the cart, have a reliable horse person head your horse.
- If you are coming without a helper, ask any experienced driver at the drive to help you hitch and unhitch. They will be happy to do so.
- Always unhitch the horse from the cart BEFORE removing the bridle.
- The driver and all passengers should wear safety helmets.
- Refer to our DDC Safety Manual for other suggestions.